Slackness

Hi all! A simple question..how do we check for slackness and right tension in a gearing chain? Thx Leo

Reply to
Leo

Dear Leo:

In belts, we apply a known force "mid-span", and look for a particular displacement...

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Can u plz be a bit more explicit??? Thx. Leo

Reply to
Leo

Leo: here is all you will ever want to know about slackness:

HTH

-- Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Lowe

Dear Leo:

Google Advanced All the words: slack adjust design The exact phrase: chain drive

274 hits. I'd bet you could find out all you'd ever want to know.

I would suspect the manufacturer of the device is question, will have published a tension figure, on prestressing the chain drive. It is unusual to specify "slack" unless low speed applications are being discussed.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)