Measuring accelerations during dynamic testing - LOW COST method ?

I have to measure peak accelerations on some equipment we are testing. The testing agency is charging a LOT of $ for each measurement. I am looking for a low cost alternative. All I need is to know the maximum acceleration that occurred during the test, not the time of occurrence.

Are there some "sticky dots" that can be placed on the equipment and then change color if they exceed a certain acceleration level ? I looked on google but could not find anything. Anyone hear of something like that ?

Reply to
Stephen K

snipped-for-privacy@sakengineering.com (Stephen K) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

A company called 'Sensor Products', makes pressure-sensitive films. These come in several pressure ranges. You could maybe put one on the equipment, under a known weight. These films will tell you the maximum pressure sustained. Maybe back calculate from the mass, what the force would be for a given acceleration?

Reply to
Anthony

Steve,

Look on google under "shock indicators"

A couple of hits are:

Pittsburgh Pete

DISCLAIMER

We don't believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Don't worry, be happy.

Reply to
Pittsburgh Pete

This is a pointer to three US makers of shock indicators. They may not have the sensitivity of directional qualities you need, but still....

Brian W Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott