New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *.

If you are an approved Graduate Engineer, why not avail of the new * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i *, or * Ing-i * for Continental Europe.

For further details, see website,

Regards, Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.

Reply to
Engi

Cool.........I guess this means your employer will automatically give you a pay raise?

Reply to
KL

Yes, and it will enlarge your penis as well!!!!!! All for a modest fee. But Wait, there's more, if enough engineers sign up in the next 10 minutes the original poster can hire a copywriter to translate his site into coherent English.

KL wrote:

Reply to
jeff

Reply to
Engi

Sorry, I see you as a spammer selling credentials that are recognized by no competent authority and do nothing for me or my profession. My Email address is real however it is munged in an obvious manner to avoid 'bots. A common enough Usenet practice. Don't tell me that confused you???

Reply to
jeff

Reply to
Engi

Hey! Store-bought credentials: the gold-front-tooth of the engineering profession!

Do we also get a pinky ring with "Eng-i" emblazoned upon it in sapphires...and that whistles when you blow on it?

Don Kansas City

Reply to
eromlignod

There already exists a mechanism to recognize those who have demonstrated a minimal proficiency in the art and science of engineering. It is called a PE (Professional Engineering) license. Why are u re-inventing the wheel?

M Walter, PE

KL wrote:

Reply to
Mark Walter

The more organised the profession is, the better chance there is of an overall increase in pay, I would think !

Regards, John Carey.

Reply to
bulk

Sarcasm won't do much for the profession ! These are not store-bought. They are equivalent to the MANY already approved initials in existence but are a SINGLE INTERNATIONAL identity for all approved Graduates. Is there something wrong with this idea ? Regards, John Carey.

Reply to
bulk

There are over 200 sets of qualification initials in use by Engineers, worldwide. I can't see why Engineers are so against the introduction of the initials * Eng-i * as a single identity, internationally.

Most Engineers themselves don't know the significance of 99.9 % of the existing initials, so how can the public be expected to know. Lets try and clean up our mess some way or another.

Are there any other suggestions on how this can be done ?

Fintan.

Reply to
Engi

"Engi" wrote in news:1150146456.994349.134010 @u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

While I realise that a memeber of a second rate institution like the M IEI might be keen to add all the letters they can to their signature, for the rest of us I don't think it really helps.

Greg Locock

Reply to
Greg Locock

Dear bulk:

Sarcasm hides the pain brought on by seeing an age-old scam brought back into circulation.

They are not required by local employers, local governments. So it is empty window dressing.

Yes, they are made out of letters. And the altered case simply makes them less easy to distinguish as meaning some sort of honorarium.

If you can sell it to government as a requirement, say for international commerce, it is just another straw on the camel's back. Otherwise, it is simply another scam.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

maybe its because * Eng-i * looks quite gay

Reply to
ms

Pathetic. Another Quack with chip ( not electronic ) talking !

N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc) wrote:

Reply to
Engi

Do You ? !!

Reply to
Engi

HI All,

My apologies to all the Doubters and Begrudgers. I am going on holidays to-day and will be unable to reply to your postings. It makes me sad !

My advice to you is to go back to college and earn your * Eng-i *. Engineering is a wonderful Profession and my aim is to improve it even more, as best I can.

Regards to ALL,

Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Engi wrote:
Reply to
Engi

You sir are a liar. You are promoting your own business where for a "modest fee" one can add _your_ credential to their name. Here is the XWhois of the site "who's idea you are just promoting":

Registrant: Fintan Lynch (PR-I-NET-DOM) The Birches, Ballymahon Road Athlone, IE None IE +353xxxx snipped-for-privacy@engologist.comINVALID

Domain Name: PR-I.NET Status: PROTECTED

Administrative Contact: Lynch Fintan snipped-for-privacy@engologist.com The Birches, Ballymahon Road Athlone, IE None IE +353xxxx

Technical Contact, Zone Contact: Fintan Lynch snipped-for-privacy@engologist.com The Birches, Ballymahon Road Athlone, IE None IE +353xxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------- BTW, as a professional courtesy, I have munged the email address and phone #

Reply to
jeff

Dear Engi:

And you call what you are doing "drumming up support"?

You are advertising on usenet. This is against the charter. Continued behavior prohibited by the charter will get you reported to your ISP. Then I won't have to listen to your attacks on my character (if any).

Get governments to require your choice of initials in order to get government contracts. Otherwise you are simply offering to sell "name warts".

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)