please help me in this regard

i have a stepper motor of step angle 1.8 degree which i have
micro-stepped so that its angular movement is 0.01degree per pulse.how
can i convert this into a linear motion?the linear movement is supposed
to be in the order of micro meter.(i thought of rack pinion arrangement
but then how to do it was confusing).so help me as soon as possible
friends.
Reply to
suchi_84
attach your stepper motor to a micrometer head
Reply to
Michael
Think of a screw thread rod with a pitch of say 1 mm. 360 deg = 1000 micrometer advance of a nut. 1.8 degree = 5 micrometer advance. Get it?
Brian Whatcott Altus OK
Reply to
Brian Whatcott
As usual Brian has come up with the definitive practical solution.
Tom Miller
"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Reply to
Tom Miller
thanks micheal.but then i would really appreciate if you could elucidate your idea.hoping for a speedy response
Reply to
suchi_84
I used a standard 1 inch (12tpi) bolt that I used for adjusting a roller. And like Brian states I had the following: one revolution of the screw = 1"/12tpi = 0.083" linear travel (for my needs) 1.8 degree = 0.083" / (360 / 1.8) = 0.000128 inch linear travel
Jim Y
Reply to
Jim Y