please help me in this regard

i have a stepper motor of step angle 1.8 degree which i have micro-stepped so that its angular movement is 0.01degree per pulse.how can i convert this into a linear motion?the linear movement is supposed

to be in the order of micro meter.(i thought of rack pinion arrangement

but then how to do it was confusing).so help me as soon as possible friends.

Reply to
suchi_84

attach your stepper motor to a micrometer head

Reply to
Michael

Think of a screw thread rod with a pitch of say 1 mm.

360 deg = 1000 micrometer advance of a nut. 1.8 degree = 5 micrometer advance. Get it?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

As usual Brian has come up with the definitive practical solution.

Tom Miller

"Brian Whatcott" wrote >

Reply to
Tom Miller

thanks micheal.but then i would really appreciate if you could elucidate your idea.hoping for a speedy response

Reply to
suchi_84

I used a standard 1 inch (12tpi) bolt that I used for adjusting a roller. And like Brian states I had the following: one revolution of the screw = 1"/12tpi = 0.083" linear travel (for my needs) 1.8 degree = 0.083" / (360 / 1.8) = 0.000128 inch linear travel

Jim Y

Reply to
Jim Y