Help me catch THIEVES that are in this VIDEO

I and my neighbor were burglarized last night.
Here's a video showing the burglars and their white car.
http://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Catch-a-Thief/
Any help will be appreciated and there is a REWARD posted.
Please repost FAR AND WIDE.
Any idea what year/make/model is the car?

What did they take?
Been visited by any gypsies recentley?
Best Regards Tom.
On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 19:30:01 -0600, Ignoramus4731

Good luck, Ig. Can the police overscan that vid and pull a plate? What all was taken? Tools and equipment? Cash box? Scrap? That really sucks. I got hit a few times in LoCal, mostly by drunken illegals. One left a lot of his blood and was caught, but they just shipped him home. I hope the cops have a suspect, given the video. Catch those bastids!
--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,

</snip>
Any white/lite vans or carryalls with luggare rack on top reported stolen in your area?
Could be a Ford transit van http://tinyurl.com/os3osgb Land Rover http://tinyurl.com/njz57bj Range Rover http://tinyurl.com/qbn5c3m
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
On 07/12/14 05:27, F. George McDuffee wrote:

Having watched the clip I don't think the vehicle looks right to be any Land Rover product.
Ignoramus4731 wrote:

Sorry to hear about it! Geez, I couldn't get ANYTHING off that video, it looked like the same single frame to me, but maybe I missed the action.
Jon

Right.
I mostly used those cameras to spy on my workers when I am away (and to make them aware that I spy on them).

I fixed that, now there are 500w lights on both sides of the building.

I will also add two more higher resolution cameras, and lights, pointing at the road.

I will check with the village.

They were outside and stole some scrap electric motors and some stainless.

This camera sucks, and crashes about 1/2 the time when I download previous movies from SD card. I have a script that does it at :22 minutes every hour, hence the missing ten minutes from around that time.

I will add some better cameras ($1000+) and some more flood lighting.
May also add some switch triggered alarms.

The worst was a battery from my dump truck.

The race would not help very much, plenty of people of any race around.

It is a lesson learned.
The problem is this.
1) If I go with a solution by any kind of company (surveillance, alarms), I would end up paying them big money every month and still questionable results. I have seen a lot of such things in other burglaries, that security systems do not help for all kinds of odd reasons.
2) The DIY solution requires a lot of time investment, and then I have to deal with crappy products, for example cameras with a big list of "features", that crash when I download a file.
On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 07:54:31 -0600, Ignoramus7467

So you have some inside, too? Good.

Why in the hell didn't you go with LEDs, Ig? Much cheaper to run, live forever.

<blink, blink> You need permission to put up a chain-link fence?

Alert the scrap yards, asking that they give you the license number of anyone scrapping those in the next weeks. Maybe it will give the police a clue.

When you put up the motion detectors, set up the hi-rez cams to start. Once you're done, put some good looking scrap -bait- outside and catch those bastards.

Make it motion detecting and make sure it is DarkSky approved. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark-sky_movement

Yeah, g'luck!
--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2

Ig, I played with the very pixelated capture and looked at the vehicle a bit. I think it's a minivan, not an SUV.
It has very bright backup lights, two additional backup lights beneath the bumper, and a triangular taillight pattern. It doesn't look like domestic plastic, so try imports.
The lights and the wide support beam between the rear and side windows should give experts strong clues. I'll bet a used car salesman could quickly tell you the make and model. Take a printout around and ask, or tell the detective to give him some more clues, if he hasn't already thought of that. And if he cares. <cringe>
Two very bad pics, but a different light perspective. http://diversifycomm.com/Iggy/
https://www.google.com/search?q=minivan+tail+light Try here for the triangular light pattern.
(P.S: Gunner, where the _hell_ did you get "Land Rover"?!)
--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2

The hood is longer, the support pillar is angled in that pic, and the lights are vertical. NOGO, but every guess might help. I still think a used car salesman would know instantly.

I spent a few minutes, then decided to let Ig do the final search with the link I sent.
--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2
On Sunday, December 7, 2014 8:54:33 AM UTC-5, Ignoramus7467 wrote:

I guess you are an executive at this company, so I assume you've notified your legal and accounting folks? Delegation of authority instead of the usual 10-foot-tall-and bulletproof-diy? You are in Illinois, right?

You are saying that publicaly? Are your legal folks comfortable with that?

That fast? You fixed it or the appropriate security personnel and electricians? Have the lawyers, accountants and their insurance contractors been satisfied? Has the local law enforcement been notified or is this all a do-it-yourself effort?
Just curious.
On 12/7/2014 10:49 AM, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

So, you're saying that workers have an expectation of privacy while on the job? That's just plain silly and settled law...NO PRIVACY, except in john stalls.

There is no violation privacy, as long as 1) recording is disclosed and 2) sound is not recorded.
On 12/7/2014 11:53 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Remember when I installed cameras throughout the shop and the union had a fit but didn't have a leg to stand on, at least under Ohio Law. The libs here had a fit about my invading my employees' privacy. So I wasn't surprised when the libs tried that old chestnut again. If it were up to the libs everybody would work for the government and there would be no crime...because nothing would be illegal. UTOPIA!

Can you close your business, and open another one without the union?
Fire everyone and hire new people.
On 12/8/2014 8:04 PM, Ignoramus28939 wrote:

Yes, but not the same market.

I have a 3TB hard drive where I save all videos. I can also access video feeds from home or my cell phone at any time.

Well, I have better lighting than I had 5 days ago. 500w in front and back.
Ignoramus4731 wrote:

That sucks, but at least from your other posts it seems they didn't get too much. You can get 5MP IP cams from China for under $200 that will give you a nice clear picture. Couple with a decent NVR or some NVR software on a PC and it can work pretty well.

These cameras suck.
I have a whole bunch of them.
Some do not work in the dark, despite their claims (Foscam clones).
Some crash when I download files from SD cards (Y-Cam clones).