Help me catch THIEVES that are in this VIDEO

Good! Now what?

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

====================

Traditional police work.

Get list of Acadia owners in the local area, and compare this list with the known neer-do-wells, and eliminate the people with steady jobs living in the "good" neighborhoods.

This should drastically limit the list of "persons of interest." Make a few discrete inquiries to determine which of the people on this list have recently paid off their "knee-knockers," or have been living "higher on the hog" than usual, e. g. new clothes, new tires, or buying their buds [more] drinks.

Keep this person(s) under observation. If the department has "mug shots," which is likely, circulate to other departments to ask scrap dealers in their areas if they recognize these individuals and if they bought anything from them in the last X days, and if so what.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

You think? Maybe for diamond jewelry theft, but for some scrap metal and a truck battery? I think that they'd rather go get some donuts.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Any electronics ? - Watches have CPU's and the new sport/information watches have blue tooth. Phones are both phone OS's and PC OS's - notebooks have calculators and some shoes count the steps. 'electronics' is way to tight. Cameras are other computer based ....

Those doors are called "Man Traps" and are used in Semi-conductor houses and fabs. Keeps people from stealing a bulk load of silver or gold much less as a tray of the latest and hottest Microprocessor before it is announced. I worked in and with many a first silicon clamp down and even lab spills that should have killed running people.

Mostek - the late Mostek I should say had some and trapped a few in one during a fire drill. It takes intervention by key if locked up. It was a real fire and someone outside had to contact a manager for intervention.

Still, they could have been hauling out memory or uM devices.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

===============================

As Gran'ma observed "nits make lice."

This falls in the category of "preventive policing." These are "wannabes" that will [try] to graduate to bigger and better things. Grab them now before they get bolder, and possibly kill some one, possibly by accident, when they are spooked during a 100$ burglary by the 80 year old crippled owner. Also a good object lesson for the others in their "circle of friends."

It is also possible to "squeeze" the perps for information when they are busted, such who are they selling the stuff to, their drug suppliers, etc. Charges could also include CCW [sharpened screwdriver?] . Possible they could even be witnesses to help root out the local "support system" in return for leniency on a burglary charge, and most likely drug possession, and/or possession of burglary tools at 2 AM in an industrial area (and a truck load of copper scrap).

FWIW: difference between burglary and robbery

F. George McDuffee

Vibration tended to crack aluminum, as well.

Well, maybe not money, but you might be able to get the pin number for their food stamp cards.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A watch operates from a 32.768 KHz crystal, which is well outside of the RF range of the system. Pagers, and cell phones were on the old signs, but the idea is to reduce the chances of slipping a gun inside and some electronics caused false alarms.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep, man traps (or "person trap"), but I don't get why the banks don't use them. Better than 50% of the infrastructure is already in place in most banks/credit unions.

The only thing I could get out of one manager is that they were worried about liability of "trapping" a bystander/hostage in with the crook.

I'm thinking that if you trapped the crook you were liable to stop another robbery. Plus you get the money back and maybe stop others from attempting to rob you again.

Bonus would be to trap the crook. Then shut off the cameras, hand each customer a ball bat and let them "swing for the fences" on the crook. I bet they wouldn't steal again!

Reply to
Steve W.

One of the problems with man traps is that building codes are very strict about having exits in case of fire. You can't go around locking people into buildings. In the wafer-fab situation you could have another door for fire use only, which triggers alarm on use. But in a bank robbery, the thief would use it and not be worried about alarms. I don't know how you trap a thief without also trapping customers and employees.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Around here, grandmothers would just use a pocket knife and a slit here or there on the back legs and then grandmothers could out run them.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Exciting update, the thieves were apprehended, caught red handed pawning the goods!

This is all I know!

Ignoramus18163

Great news, Ig! I hope you recover the whole works.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I do not think so, the goods were from a neighboring business, from me they stole scrap metal and batteries from a truck.

Ignoramus18163

Outstanding! Please post the headline to your site when it comes out.

I've had burglars caught after my house was hit, but when I went to sit in on the court date, they kept me out. He was an illegal and was supposedly deported. They took him to the hospital and he was bandaged up after leaving my house. It appears that my double-keyed locks on the doors made him go back out the window he broke to get in. While I was waiting outside the courtroom, I listened to all the disillusioned detectives, deputies, and city police officers. It was then I realized that most cops now view it as a 9-5 job. They no longer see police work as a calling, and they're extremely distraught when all their hard work is kicked out of court by a lazy (or bought) judge.

That was a very hard day for me, as well. Bubbles burst and reality set in with a passion.

Anyway, congrats on hearing that your perps were popped.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

====================

Good to hear. Keep the group informed.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Gunner, I feel that time is not right to disclose what exactly they did. Sorry

Reply to
Ignoramus18163

No!? Get outta' here! The police actually made an effort for some scrap and a battery? I'm impressed!

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Oh, wait ... I just read the other reply & it was stuff from the other business. Presumably stuff much more valuable than scrap and a battery.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Exactly

Reply to