Posted pics of the Honda Clone genset

Need any others let me know. And yeah..Ill clean it up a bit.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child, miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats." PJ O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner Asch

love the upside down power switch.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Up is usually On, which the bezel shows, but the switch is marked 0 for off in that position as shown in the photo. Sort of weird, unless that's a pull start only generator and the 1 for really on switch just shorts out the magneto like a kill switch.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I can only guess it's taken from binary and computer equipment where 1 is on and 0 is off.

I checked some legit rocker switches (made by Arrow in the UK) was sort of surprised that OFF is the top position pushed in and ON is the bottom pushed in. This seems to be the opposite convention of toggle switches, which I never noticed before.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Again we have people who live in the splendid isolation of the USA.

Top IN for OFF is common in the rest of the world.

I must agree that in this case the markings are confusing and could be caused by using an avaiable switch to control the presumably 2 stroke engine which just needs a closed switch in the magneto to stop the engine.

Reply to
John G

It is most definitely NOT a 2 stroke, if you look you can see it is an overhead valve engine. (most definitely 4 stroke)

Reply to
clare

It is pretty sweet to not have to worry about car bombings, getting kidnapped, or catching malaria, air you can see though. Clean water and freedom of speech are pretty spiffy perks too. Other places have had had thousands of years to get their acts together and utterly failed. No need to copy what they're doing wrong.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I did a quick jog around work to look for any toggle switches in a vertical position and found everything has on pressed in at the top. Most of the stuff is probably designed in the US

- Fridigaire refrigerator (commercial-ish unit so it has switches for some reason)

- Cisco network gear, various models

- Thinklogical terminal servers

- Xerox printer/copier/whatever, I think the develop these in Japan

- Bloomfield coffee machine, momentary brew toggle switch has to be pushed in at the top

- Compucable KVM switches

All of these except the coffee machine have the generic 0 1 legends which could be flipped over, unlike the Arrow switch with actual words on it.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

We have not had a car bomb in years, very little kidnapping, NO Maleria clean air, clean wate, freedom of speech and One TENTH the number of firearm related deaths as the USA :-@

Reply to
John G

2 stroke, 4 stroke OK it proably has similar ignition and just needs a short circuit to stop it.
Reply to
John G

Like virtually every magneto ignition system since the late 1800s.

Reply to
clare

I rest my case :-Z

Reply to
John G

I can only guess it's taken from binary and computer equipment where 1 is on and 0 is off.

I checked some legit rocker switches (made by Arrow in the UK) was sort of surprised that OFF is the top position pushed in and ON is the bottom pushed in. This seems to be the opposite convention of toggle switches, which I never noticed before.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 * Origin: (1:249/999)

--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I always figured it was a Euro or Asian thingy that came ashore by accident