Pre-hard machinable steel with highest compressive yield strength

Hi everyone,

Can anyone please tell me what machinable pre-hard steel has the highest compressive yield strength ? I'm guessing it would be a pre- hard 4000 series, perhaps 4340 or a bearing steel or pre-hard tool steel.

I'm looking for the highest yield strength I can find in a steel that is still machinable, i.e., not so hard that it can't really be machined effectively. Depending on how the part is machined, I would need a thickness of around 1.338" or 1.585".

Thanks John

Reply to
John2005