Pre-hard machinable steel with highest compressive yield strength

Hi everyone,
Can anyone please tell me what machinable pre-hard steel has the
highest compressive yield strength ? I'm guessing it would be a pre-
hard 4000 series, perhaps 4340 or a bearing steel or pre-hard tool
steel.
I'm looking for the highest yield strength I can find in a steel that
is still machinable, i.e., not so hard that it can't really be
machined effectively. Depending on how the part is machined, I would
need a thickness of around 1.338" or 1.585".
Thanks
John
Reply to
John2005
Hello John
You are looking for the highest yield strength, and also you want it to be still machinable. Have you checked out the HSLA Steel ( High Strength Low Alloy steel ). these steels have good formability and they are especially used as automotive steels.. i just make a suggestion,
Thanks Baransel
Reply to
brnsl
AISI 1144 (fatigue Proof YS=3D125 ksi)
(warehouse supplier:
or
ETD 150 AISI 4150 sulfur added: YS =3D130 ksi
warehourse:

Small quanity supplies can be found by Googling "fatigueproof" or "etd 150"
Ed
Reply to
Ed

Site Timeline