Sewage Diffuser Deflection and Sway Problems?

The system is an 8" stainless manifold on about a 350' diameter tank. It is elevated about 20' with 24 diffuser assemblies hanging down about 18.5 feet on a tee with 5 diffusers on the bottom. The new assembly uses 2x 3" unions on a 2' extension attached on the bottom by a 15' long diffuser assenbly, and on the top by a waffer style valve that uses a companion flange that threads into the header.

My Problem is that the diffusers use coarse threads and each one has 7 areas of coarse threads. There is alot of deflection and my fear is something will vibrate loose into a 16' deep pool of poop. Any suggestions?

Coincidently there are only 14 X 4' poles welded onto the clarifier wall the whole header manifold sways because #1 There is only support of the weight nothing to prevent sway. #2 The circular manifold has a gap at the end for the catwalk that connects to the other tank.

Gotta Love Govt Engineers?!

Reply to
ANDY WIERSMA

Get a sock of spares and a net with a 22" handel :-)

Apply " locktight " or similar to the threads.

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

Dear Jonathan Barnes:

Loctite depends on oxygen to harden, maybe even to stay hard. Better use non-hardening permatex.

"Diffusers" for what?

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Loctite depends on anaerobic conditions to set?

Brian Whatcott

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Dear Brian Whatcott:

Oops. Oxygen prevents loctite from curing, not as I believed/indicated. If the diffusers are bringing in air, loctite may not be the solution. URL:

Anaerobic adhesives do not contain solvents, which must dry. For an anaerobic adhesive to cure, it must be in contact with active metal ions and contact with oxygen eliminated.

Silicone sealant might be good on the threads. It used it pretty extensively as thread dope on small ozone contacting systems.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)