Small research project in cardiac surgery: need someone to help in fluid mechanics!

Hello all!

I am a cardiac surgeon and have a specific question in mind which can be approached by a rather simple simulation using fluid mechanics. Is there someone out there who would be interested in this type of research? No funding so far, so - at least in the beginning - this should be something for the "glory of science" and one or two scientific publications.

Best regards and ..hopefully someone will be responding positively...

Filarias

Dear Filarias:

On Jul 11, 3:44 am, Filarias wrote: ...

For free advice, you have come to the right place. Tell us what you are trying to do. But this is a public forum, and if you are looking to maintain patent rights, be a little careful what you reveal.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

David,

thanks for the reply! I don't try to achieve any patent etc. Short description: connections between blood vessels can be created in many ways and result with different geometric characteristics. My aim would be to study two or three of those by means of computational fluidodynamics.

Best regards

Filarias

Witness the capillaries assembled around cancer clusters.

If you don't get a response here soon to your liking, you might start a separate thread indicating that you are looking for someone with the wherewithal to do CFD for several laminar flow schemes.

Alternatively, you could make "stereolithographic" models of such junctions, and pass natural liquid latex (tree blood) through them, and see how much crosslinking you generate in the fluid. Shear causes latex to crosslink...

But this too costs money. I don't have access to CFD stuff, sorry.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc