Conduction Shape Factors

Can anyone point me to a nice long list of conduction shape factors. The lists I've seen in textbooks are rather short.

In particular, there is one in particular I'm looking for right now:

Consider a cylinder with infinite length. Two holes of arbitrary size and position are drilled through this cylinder. The temperatures on the outside surface and the two inside surfaces are known. How much heat is flux is there through each surface?

Thanks,

-Paul

Reply to
Paul Skoczylas

I think you underspecified your problem. If the holes in the cylinder are of constant cross section along the inifinite length of the cylinder, then a 2D representation in e.g. Excell would easily handle it, I think. If the holes are transverse, then the interior surfaces connect to the exterior surface of the cylinder, with obvious consequences for the respective surface temperatures: i.e. they are the same where they are contiguous.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott