Smallest vacuum pump available

I am looking for a miniature vacuum pump that can pull about -4 in Hg in a volume of about 1 in^2. The pump also has to reside in
this volume. The smaller the pump the better.
Can you please recommend some places to look for existing products or technologies.
Kurt Sutherland
I am looking for a miniature vacuum pump that can pull about -4 in Hg in a volume of about 1 in^2. The pump also has to reside in this volume. The smaller the pump the better.
Can you please recommend some places to look for existing products or technologies.
Kurt Sutherland
I am looking for a miniature vacuum pump that can pull about -4 in Hg in a volume of about 1 in^2. The pump also has to reside in this volume. The smaller the pump the better.
Can you please recommend some places to look for existing products or technologies.
Kurt Sutherland
On 20 Oct 2004 19:01:38 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

A hypodermic syringe, with a latex tube?
Brian W
I found a few options including conventional motor driven pumps, piezo pumps, and even a $20,000 turbo molecular pump for Mars rovers.
Check out vacuum-guide.com and find the "mini-micro" pump listing.
I haven't found anything below about 1" in size and I'm not sure if that's driven by the market or physics.
A syringe with hypo-tube would pull the vacuum once, however, I need a continuous vacuum in case I have small leaks.
Craig
On 26 Oct 2004 18:12:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Kurt Sutherland) wrote:

How about a venturi pump? Very, very compact. It does need an air or fluid supply for motivation, it's true. Could you mount the air pump remotely?
Or look at an aquarium bubbler pump. The vibrating diaphragm can be arranged to suck, I believe. Quite compact.
Brian W
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in message

Remember you'll need to get the "removed air" out via an outlet of some sort. Also, remember you'll need to have wires entering the volume to power the pump.
Why do you need the pump located inside the volume? It'd be easier to have it outside, as you won't have to have additional wires going into the volume.
Dave