S-O-S

Hello there,

I am in my final semester of B.Tech (mechanial engineering). I have still to start my project. i have been searching for a good topic for almost three months. please can someone suggect me a topic.

My areas of interest are CAD and robotics. I am not really huge on budget so i would be looking for the simulation kind of projects. i have worked with AutoCAD, Pro/Engineer, CATIA, and Ansys.

I am in a real fix and have to submit my project in four months. I am willing to work like a dog to get a good project completed.

PLEASE HELP

rocky.

Reply to
rocky

Why not make a program that draws gears, given the number of teeth, gear diameter, etc? I don't know of any except to painstakingly draw one tooth and replicate it around a circle and adjust everything to make it come out right. Richard

Reply to
Richard

I am a 80+ % student throughout my engineering. so my profs have very high expectations on me and would expect an out-of-the-world kind of project from me. My placement application depends on this so please help with a few good, tough projects.

My areas of interest are CAD and Robotics. i am willing to work day-night-day-night to complete it.

GOD why the hell can't it think of something good. i really dont know why my mind has gone blank.

Reply to
rocky

Dear rocky:

Replace the batteries in the Hubble Space Telescope. For cheap. Might even be some infant plans on the internet.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

redesign something simple, and then make a CAD prototype in details. ex. the current laptop mice are too small, and doesn't fit most people with big hands. however, if you make it too big, it will not be convinence to carry. if you can make it extendable, lots of people will be happier. engineers need to think outside a box. things can be very simply, but still challenging because it requires creative idea. ex. the flash drive are very neat, but once you misplace it in your room, it is hard to find. if you can add something that can page it, it will be nice.

Reply to
Sandia

Design a supersonic train / tunnel that goes from New Jersey to England. Make all CAD models and associated detail drawings. Design robotic porters to handle the travelers' baggage. Good luck!

Reply to
ms

Thanks to everyone especially to Mr. David A. Smith for making my problem such a mocking stuff. Guess you guys have been real geniuses all your life. Hats off guys.

Thank for showing that there are very few people who are compassionate about others. Anyway I do know that its not your fault that I suck. But I did learn something from it I guess.

Sandia thank you for your suggestion. I'll see what I can do. I am no genius but I am ok.

To MS: thanks for idea of a transatlantic tunnel and supersonic train idea. Really mocking but not really humorous. Anyway if you would like to do something about it then here's the link

I really thought that I was going to get some help out here but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for nothing guys.

Reply to
rocky

don't forget that time is one of your constraint, and let us know what you are doing. good luck to you, and hope you will get an "A" out of it.

Sandia

Dear rocky:

1) Serious answers *were* given, even by me. You indicated you were interested in robotics and CAD. Engineering is *work*. If you need a career in "receipt of philanthropy", you need to change to either political science or theology.
2) Learn that not everyone who appears to be your friend is. Learn that not everyone who appears to be your enemy is. I think your attitude that you "suck" is what is keeping you from suceeding at finding your own solution. Perhaps you need to create a design for a robot that will kick your b*tt every time it hears you say that.
3) You are more than you can imagine. Imagine all you can.

Sigh.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Go for the Sympathy vote. Do a mechanical joint, a prosthetic arm with animation etc., etc. It can't fail....

Brian W

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Ok.... how's this...

Problem. For a good Risotto you need to add hot stock to the rice, & stir the rice constantly until the stock is absorbed then add more stock and repeat the process until the meal is cooked. (Do a Google search for a recipe.) This is a pain in the @rse 'cos you have to stand there and keep doing this for about 30 mins.

objective.

Make a device that will Add a measured quantitiy of stock as required from a heated source that keeps hot but not boiling. And will keep stirring the risotto continually, ensuring that it is all evenly moved around. make a noise when all stock is gone and the meal is, in theory, cooked.

Device needs to be Cheap enough to be sellable Easily cleaned Hygenic etc..

If you make the prototype and flog it to Moulinex we'll go halves on the profit...

regards SS

Reply to
simon

Try mathmatically modeling a hybrid car. Figure out the most effective control strategy, MPG under that strategy for city and highway, 0-60 time, battery charge vs. time (using regenerative breaking) etc. You could do it under 4 months, assuming you knew Matlab, Mathcad, or something similar.

Dave

Reply to
David Harper