Torque Reference - Bolted Connections

Can any one recommend any good books about Torque? I am dealing with torque with in bolted connections. Areas of interest would be proper torque for bolts, proper torque for nuts, any related theory. Also interested in torque of fasteners that are used with in an assembly that uses non-metal materials. Web sites will work as well.Thanks, Steve

Reply to
EngineerFOUR

In general, there is no one torque value that is appropriate even to a nut and bolt of a given diameter and material: there are so many variables. It is easier to specify tightening torques in this way: "torque until the grip length between head and nut has increased enough to put the bolt within a few percent of yield stress."

Brian W

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Thank you for the information. Yeah I know that torque is not as easy as 123. I normally calculate torque for ideal connections in that fashion. Steve

Reply to
EngineerFOUR