Ultra Precision Alignment of Guide Rails

I need to hold .001 in. xyz tol. for a 4 meter long set of four guide rails. This is a heavy gauge formed bend/welded sheetmetal system. This type of construction was designed for low cost and I need a low cost method to achieve the listed tolerances. I am looking for ideas to ether fabricate the structure with the listed tolerances or find a good way to align the rails post fabrication.

Anyone have experience with a problem like this or good Ideas/ technology that can be used?

Reply to
rebcalale

Over what temp range? Is this a realistic requirement which can be realistically verified?

Reply to
me