Updating my own variable in a UMAT

hey all, i am trying to update my own variable with the help of strain.I need to update own variable in every step of the analysis. these are my equations: I am considering 2D symmetry equations and i want to calcuate my own variable XT=sqrt(2/3(E(1)^2+E(2)^2+E(3)^2)) epsilon11=E(1)=E(1)+delta(epsilon11) epsilon22=E(2)=E(2)+delta(epsilon22) epsilon12=E(3)=E(3)+delta(epsilon12) I want to know whether abaqus directly takes E(1)as strain in 11 direction and E(2)as 22 and E(3) as 12direction. I guess i can give the loop from 1 to NTENS as i want have the strain increments. one more last question : I want to update my variable XT in every step of abaqus analysis.If i intialize the E(1),E(2) and E(3)equal to zero before the loop i guess it does not get the updated value in the next step of analysis. So is there any command to control the step that it should take th updated values of E(1)...... every time and get the updated value of XT.

thanks to everybody in helping me in linking the abaqus with the subroutine.

Thankyou Vinnu S.Arige[/list]

Reply to
vinnie
1) I remeber E(i)=e(ii) (i=1, 2, 3)in Abaqus. So E(3) is not for 12 direction, it should be e(33), while E(4)=e(12), like this. 2) Intializing the E(1),E(2) and E(3)equal to zero, should not affect the following calculation as ABAQUS automatically initialize the E(i) at the beginning. Thus it will not affect your state variable XT. 3) you state variable XT should be defined a dimension/array, so this will keep all your data history.

Hope I answered your questions.

Andrew

v> hey all,

Reply to