Iteration in MathCAD

I'm using MathCAD to solve a free convection problem via an iterative process. In Excel the "Goal Seek" function is handy for this or, if stability is a concern, I usually put the guess cell right next door the calculated cell and grind through the process manually until the two converge.

I set up a MathCAD sheet to do the calc however the guess is at the top of the sheet and the calculated cell is several pages later so I guess, scroll, check, scroll, guess, etc. until I converge. Quite tedious!

Obviously I can't move the calculated value to the top of the sheet, but is there any way I can set things up so I can view the calculated value on the same page as the guess?

Thanks, Russ D.

Reply to
Russ.Dilley

If you don't require to see all intermediate steps, you could collapse the calculation loop (with "insert area"), so that input and output are right below each other.

Timo

Reply to
Timo de Beer

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1131909153.525671.117670 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Which version of MathCAD?

Reply to
Greg Locock
1) Set up your variable definitions, a:=2, b:=5, c:=4 2) Input your guess values in the same way, x:=1.0, y:=1.0, z:=0.0 3) Set up a "Solve Block", look in the MathCad help for more details. The block starts with the "Given" statement and end with the "Find" statement. The equations to be solved are inside the block and written as symbolic equations with the Bold Equal Sign (entered as Ctrl+=).

Given a*x + y = b - a*z^2 y^3 + c*z = c x*y + z = e^z Solution:=Find(x,y,z)

The variable, Solution, now contains the results of the Find statement as a vector.

To get the individual values from vector: x := Solution[0 y := Solution[1 z := Solution[2

The "[" operator denotes a vector component - when typed it looks like a subscript.

Dave Parker

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
dgp