Welding

Hello to all , Today only I have registered. I am Production Engineer my interest is in welding so I am asking the query about the same. I heard

that Hot Wire TIG is having high deposition rate than normal TIG, is the fact behind this is 'only the additional power source which we use for heating filler wire' ? is there any heat estimation calculation which leads to the conclusion that, the total arc energy (produced by Tungsten Electrode) is being utilised by parent metal? Can we use the formula of heat energy which is = (mass) * (Sp. heat of material)

*(Temp. Difference)? if yes then how we will take appropriate care for taking the value of specific heat of material (e.g steel), which generally remain constant upto 234 deg. F? & lastly what will be the value of diluation for Hot Wire TIG welding?
Reply to
yog_ymk