Welding

Hello to all ,
Today only I have registered. I am Production Engineer my
interest is in welding so I am asking the query about the same. I heard
that Hot Wire TIG is having high deposition rate than normal TIG, is
the fact behind this is 'only the additional power source which we use
for heating filler wire' ? is there any heat estimation calculation
which leads to the conclusion that, the total arc energy (produced by
Tungsten Electrode) is being utilised by parent metal? Can we use the
formula of heat energy which is = (mass) * (Sp. heat of material)
*
(Temp. Difference)? if yes then how we will take appropriate care for
taking the value of specific heat of material (e.g steel), which
generally remain constant upto 234 deg. F? & lastly what will be the
value of diluation for Hot Wire TIG welding?
Reply to
yog_ymk

Site Timeline