Re: non-leather welding gloves?

On Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 6:17:20 PM UTC-5, Brandon wrote:

Hi Brandon. I too am a vegan welder, and have had to 'work around' the lea ther glove issue. I learned to weld with stick, and earned my 3G certifica tion using a Kevlar fingered foundry glove. On my hand close to the splatt er, I now use a reflective shield which helps a ton. The glove is not very dexterous, but for stick welding it was not a big issue. For MIG welding I use an inexpensive heavy cotton glove with cuffs which works fine (again the shield may be useful). For TIG I did something weird, but it worked fi ne. I took a thin cotton glove sold at drugstores for folks with skin cond itions on my right hand and pulled over that a cotton glove with cuffs that I had cut the tip off to make the outer glove fingerless. This gave me 'f eel' and it worked fine. Hope this helps.
On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 6:21:05 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

eather glove issue. I learned to weld with stick, and earned my 3G certifi cation using a Kevlar fingered foundry glove. On my hand close to the spla tter, I now use a reflective shield which helps a ton. The glove is not ve ry dexterous, but for stick welding it was not a big issue. For MIG weldin g I use an inexpensive heavy cotton glove with cuffs which works fine (agai n the shield may be useful). For TIG I did something weird, but it worked fine. I took a thin cotton glove sold at drugstores for folks with skin co nditions on my right hand and pulled over that a cotton glove with cuffs th at I had cut the tip off to make the outer glove fingerless. This gave me 'feel' and it worked fine. Hope this helps.
Hi Me;
Have you been able to find another option? I am looking for a Vegan Welding glove or synthetic and hasn't been able to find it. Please let me know if you been able to find something safe that meets safety standards.
Thanks!
On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:09:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

<BLINK, BLINK>
What were you thinking? Welding is not sustainable. Think of all the dead Argon pelts stacked at the gas factory.
--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying
replying to chan6ola, Tom Taruna wrote: Hi, I myself tried to find something non-leather and tried various materials. One day i just tried the rubber coated long gloves i had in my workshop and they work amazingly fine. Cheap and easily available in many shops. I tried short ones too, but long-sleeved are better. Try it, they should be fine for you too. Happy work. Tom, Hertfordshire UK
replying to Tom Taruna, Maxie wrote:

I've been welding for almost two decades without any leather gloves. I use the blue PVC gloves that home depot and lowes carry. I also wear a cotton welding jacket. The PVC gloves have decent dexterity and good splatter protection and 100% UV protection. They are safe and fairly good with heat resistance until you start doing long travels at over 200Amps.. then I have to take a break as I don't have a water cooled torch. I also use these gloves for blacksmithing as they work well around high heat and if they get badly singed or torn through they are cheap enough to have several pairs on hand. Until I find something better (which I haven't) these are still my go to.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Grease-Monkey-PVC-Coated-Cleaning-Gloves-Large-X-Large-24203-08/202759384
replying to Tom Taruna, Maxie wrote:

I've been welding for almost two decades without any leather gloves. I use the blue PVC gloves that home depot and lowes carry. I also wear a cotton welding jacket. The PVC gloves have decent dexterity and good splatter protection and 100% UV protection. They are safe and fairly good with heat resistance until you start doing long travels at over 200Amps.. then I have to take a break as I don't have a water cooled torch. I also use these gloves for blacksmithing as they work well around high heat and if they get badly singed or torn through they are cheap enough to have several pairs on hand. Until I find something better (which I haven't) these are still my go to.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Grease-Monkey-PVC-Coated-Cleaning-Gloves-Large-X-Large-24203-08/202759384
replying to chickadeelinda, kvmwelding wrote: Vegan welding gloves! check 'em out. www.kvmwelding.com
On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 23:18:03 GMT, kvmwelding

Do you carry Free Range Copper?
--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.