Welding Gloves

Hello
I have been trying to find some 100% cotton jersey gloves for use in TIG
welding of very small parts , I haven't been able to find 100% cotton gloves
locally , sent away over the net , two different outfits sent me brown
jerseys that were advertised as 100% and they turned out as a mix of Poly
and Cotton , the problem with anything but cotton is that it melts and
leaves a plastic trace on my parts that has to be cleaned , leather gloves
are too stiff and I loose the touch that is needed , wonder if anyone else
has had the same problem and how they solved it .
Thanks
Phil Lohiser
Reply to
Phil
I've never had any issues with the Tillman TIG gloves. They are thin and soft and they conform to your hands after a short while of use as well. They have become my standard work glove as well, when my TIG welding pair gets grungy I get new ones for the welding and the old pair goes into general work glove service. They aren't even very expensive.
Reply to
Pete C.
What Pete said. McMaster has them at a sensible price.
Ignoramus24248
I use them too, but prefer the kevlar gloves when i want to handle hot metal.
Reply to
Stupendous Man
I use Tillmans, but I buy XL and put a pair of brown cotton gloves on first, then the Tillmans. Works pretty well for dealing with heat, yet allows me fine control
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner