gloves & PVC cement

Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something else.
Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

David Lesher wrote:

Nitrile is generally the most chemically resistant and also the most expensive.
Pete C. wrote:

Strong solvents will go through any of the above.
Try Playtex household cloves.
--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
David Lesher wrote:

Has it occurred to you to not dip your hands into the glue? That's what that swab in the lid is for.
But if you want to protect your hands, slather them with Vaseline.
Good Luck! Rich
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 19:51:10 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher

Your suppose to let it dry on your hands and peal off like some bad disease and watch the cashiers as they are afraid to take your money.
SW

Hehehe. If he's going to get it all over his hands anyway, liquid gloves are the ticket. It peels right off without the fun at the register, though.
-- If you're looking for the key to the Universe, I've got some good news and some bad news.
The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.
The good news: It was never locked. --Swami Beyondananda

That generally has some pretty potent solvents in it, probably will eat all of those. It's designed to dissolve plastic, after all. What you need are some chemical handling gloves, last seen at the local hardware store. Not inexpensive but not one-time use, either.
Stan

    I don't know for sure, but I would bet on the Nitrile. I wear them when handling various potentially nasty solvents. Of course, I don't know what the "something else" might be, so all bets are off for those. :-)
    Get some of each, and suspend them by the cuffs while pouring a bit of the solvent into each. Let them hang for a few hours, and come back to see how they held up -- then perhaps try gripping each finger with needle nose pliers and see if that causes a leak or tear.
    I got my box of Nitrile gloves at a hamfest some years ago.
    And Latex causes an allergic reaction in some people, which is why the health care field has mostly gone to Nitrile.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Several flavors can be had at Harbor Fright. ~$5-10/100