Anomalous movement resistance in a spinning gyroscope

A symmetric harnessed gyroscope accelerated to a given spinning frequency takes different time periods to stop, depending on the direction of previous spins. For repeated alternating, anticlockwise and clockwise spinning, the rotation period in both directions significantly increases, which is not the case when the gyroscope is repeatedly rotated in the same direction. Using the measurements it was observed, that the time of gyroscope's rotation was significantly lengthened or shortened, what indicates that it either increased or decreased the movement resistance of the gyroscope. The presented experimental results suggest the existence of anomalous movement resistance and demonstrate that a fixed spinning gyroscope displays unusual history-dependent movement resistance effects. The effect is real, large, reproducible and does not follow from experimental errors.

The manuscript was reviewed thrice, according to the publishing procedure in "Physical Review Letters" within two year. The remarks of all the reviewers were taken into account during its correction. Because the publishing procedure for our manuscript in "Physical Review Letters" finished, we decided to publish it in Journal of Technical Physics, J.Tech. Phys., 46, 2, 107-115, 2005.

Reply to
top9

Open appeal to American Physical Society:

realist

I'm skeptical, but if it proves out, it's fascinating as hell.

Don Kansas City

Reply to
eromlignod

in Open Appeal to APS:

"Shortly afterwards, quite unexpectedly Professor Jacek K. of Cambridge offered us his gratuitous help and seemed to be very interested in our work. He promised us to help top correct our manuscript. Then he told us that he was also connected with the Jagiellonian University and suggested making completely new manuscript concerning quite different phenomena than described in LN8579. During the measurements necessary to our work he gave the interview to polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza (2002.08.18) and showed an unprecedented enthusiasm while speaking about our work appearing as a sponsor of the enterprise. He described our work as very interesting and predicted it to be published in Physical Review Letters in two week's time. Unfortunately Professor J. K. of Cambridge did not keep his promises concerning the correction of LN8579 and instead on 2nd September he send the other manuscript as the new submission without former informing us about its contents. We want to remind that in the moment of making the submission Professor J. K. of Cambridge did not have any author's rights...." Jacek K. - a very ethical Professor of Cambridge!!

Reply to
realist

"realist" wrote in news:1144748165.631223.74360 @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

has no professional interest in gyroscopes.

Reply to
Greg Locock

Yes, but Professor Jacek K. is Professor Jacek Klinowski!

--

------------------------------------------------------------------- Professor Jacek Klinowski, Sc.D. Department of Chemistry University of Cambridge Lensfield Road, Cambridge CB2 1EW, U.K.

Reply to
top9

Those effects strongly depend on material (substance) of the rotor's disk, for example they are great for the rotor's disk made in teflon and small one for the rotor's disk made in plexiglas.

Reply to
top9

it is "memory" effects of material!

Reply to