Anomalous movement resistance in a spinning gyroscope

A symmetric harnessed gyroscope accelerated to a given spinning
frequency takes different time periods to stop, depending on the
direction of previous spins. For repeated alternating, anticlockwise
and clockwise spinning, the rotation period in both directions
significantly increases, which is not the case when the gyroscope is
repeatedly rotated in the same direction. Using the measurements it was
observed, that the time of gyroscope's rotation was significantly
lengthened or shortened, what indicates that it either increased or
decreased the movement resistance of the gyroscope. The presented
experimental results suggest the existence of anomalous movement
resistance and demonstrate that a fixed spinning gyroscope displays
unusual history-dependent movement resistance effects. The effect is
real, large, reproducible and does not follow from experimental errors.
The manuscript was reviewed thrice, according to the publishing
procedure in "Physical Review Letters" within two year. The remarks of
all the reviewers were taken into account during its correction.
Because the publishing procedure for our manuscript in "Physical Review
Letters" finished, we decided to publish it in Journal of Technical
Physics, J.Tech. Phys., 46, 2, 107-115, 2005.
Reply to
top9
Open appeal to American Physical Society:

realist
I'm skeptical, but if it proves out, it's fascinating as hell.
Don Kansas City
Reply to
eromlignod
in Open Appeal to APS:
"Shortly afterwards, quite unexpectedly Professor Jacek K. of Cambridge offered us his gratuitous help and seemed to be very interested in our work. He promised us to help top correct our manuscript. Then he told us that he was also connected with the Jagiellonian University and suggested making completely new manuscript concerning quite different phenomena than described in LN8579. During the measurements necessary to our work he gave the interview to polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza (2002.08.18) and showed an unprecedented enthusiasm while speaking about our work appearing as a sponsor of the enterprise. He described our work as very interesting and predicted it to be published in Physical Review Letters in two week's time. Unfortunately Professor J. K. of Cambridge did not keep his promises concerning the correction of LN8579 and instead on 2nd September he send the other manuscript as the new submission without former informing us about its contents. We want to remind that in the moment of making the submission Professor J. K. of Cambridge did not have any author's rights...." Jacek K. - a very ethical Professor of Cambridge!!
Reply to
realist
"realist" wrote in news:1144748165.631223.74360 @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
has no professional interest in gyroscopes.
Reply to
Greg Locock
Yes, but Professor Jacek K. is Professor Jacek Klinowski!
-- ------------------------------------------------------------------- Professor Jacek Klinowski, Sc.D. Department of Chemistry University of Cambridge Lensfield Road, Cambridge CB2 1EW, U.K.
Reply to
top9
Those effects strongly depend on material (substance) of the rotor's disk, for example they are great for the rotor's disk made in teflon and small one for the rotor's disk made in plexiglas.
Reply to
top9
it is "memory" effects of material!
Reply to