Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hydraulic Diameter for Moody, Fanning, Darcy
For concentric circular annular flow hydraulic dia = D-d. Can you get away with just substituting the hydraulic dia for a pipe dia. in simple pipe flow friction factor charts? Bret Cahill
14
14

Using sheet metal, particleboard, or drywall screws in wood, and help finding a source for black finished wood screws
Hi everyone, Can anyone please recommend a source for some black finished flat head # 6 wood screws? I need them to be about 1" to 1.5" long. I am having trouble finding black finish wood screws. The...
4
4

Need thread spec for "MS PORT PER SAE J 1926-1-4"
Would someone be so kind as to look this up for me, or suggest where I might look on the internet for the spec? I'm drawing up some tooling, and I have to come up with a spud to go down the throat of...

division of forces
hi all, how to find the division of one force by another force
3
3

somebody please give me a suggestion
Hello! Everybody! It is nice to have friends like you here. I am searchin the dynamician group on net. When I found this group I was really happy. Thanks to the owner and to the members of this group....

Angle Calculation
I need help in determining the angle at which slippage will not occur at between two tapered wedges that make up an adjustable chock that will sit under a machine. Each chock is 400 x 250mm. The...
11
11

Re: Torque/force calcs. for coiling wire around mandrel
Adding to the list...

it is the MASCIS impactor
I finaly found info on this device. It is the MASCIS impactor, a custom made device by Wise Young et al back in the 1990s. It is now used by many labs to perform spinal chord injuries. Here is a link...

Force/Torque required to coil spring around mandrel.
I have seen springs coiled using an electric drill clamped in a vise and the wire is fed by hand (so the springs aren't precise) onto a mandrel being spun by the drill. My question is how can the...
1
1

New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *.
If you are an approved Graduate Engineer, why not avail of the new * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i *, or * Ing-i * for Continental Europe. For further details, see website, Fintan Lynch,...
19
19

old device, need help running
I am a student doing biomedical research. My lab has an old impact device that was previously used to conduct traumatic spinal chord injuries. My current boss wants me to get it running, but I have...
16
16

ICHIT 2006 and Smart Home Workshop
1st International Conference on Hybrid Information Technology conference takes place in Cheju Island during 9-11 November 2006 at the spectacular convention centre of this island. Its aims are to...

Steam Mister
Has this been done before? Instead of using compressed air to transfer momentum to a liquid as in paint sprayers or some industrial humidification misters, why not use steam? Superheat the steam...
3
3

mechanisms DVD
I'm trying to design a mechanism that is quite difficult to think through so I'm looking in a mechanism book for some inspiration. Sometimes it takes a while to work out the funtions from just...
1
1

force distribution
hi , how to find the effect of force on one end long rod at a distance from the same end along the rod. C =======#=========#==========# A B ^ | F1 In the figure what will be the force at A and B when...
5
5