bending iron

So I know this is basic, but how would I go about building this :

It seems like the most difficult part would be bending the metal and
appling the powder coat.
keep in mind I'm just a guy with a garage no equipment on hand. What
would I need to do this?
Any help would be much appreciated. If this is the wrong group for
this question perhaps you could point me in the right direction?
Thanks Again!
Reply to
Paul Roe
How thick is it? You may be able to bend it by hand, around a form (tree, post...) or in a vice/workmate with a suitable pole ie scaffold etc
But you say you have no equipment to hand, you're going to need a welder unless you can think of an alternate way to fix the cross-member (bolts, lashed with whipping twine & using a bit of angle, perhaps)
As for powdercoat, look up a powder coaters in your phone book or a double glazing (aluminium) coater. Or you could use hammerite etc.
Try posting to rec.crafts.metalwork or something like that
HTH
Reply to
Balders
Powder coating is not a home process - it needs a very special piece of equipment, and a very large oven.
Steve
Reply to
Steve
Easy with heat.
You don't need a welder, just need a friend that has one and wants to help. :)
Why powder coat it?
Got sumthin'ag'in rust? :/
Alvin in AZ
Reply to