Needed: Advice on best material for special application

Interesting idea. How do you put a sleeve on something? Is it something that a layperson can do, or is it some industrial process?

Reply to
Tennis Smith

Great idea. I'm told it is UHMW-PE, correct?

It really sounds promising, but I can't find it in "dowel" form. Any ideas who might have it?

-Tennis

Reply to
Tennis Smith

If you were to try a piece of steel rod about 12mm diameter and slide it up inside a piece of garden hose you might have a cheap unit that won't do a serious injury. Maybe even a layer of silastic to glue it all together.

Once the piece of steel rod gets a few bends it could be straightened in a vice.

Hope this helps, Peter

Reply to
Bushy