Pickling of Steel Bars/Coils

We have a steel processing plant(drawing/grinding/peeling etc)

At present we use Sulphuric acid for pickling. This is done without any heating of the acid.We work only with round bars.

Most people these days use HCL. Can anyone provide me with the detrails of this process, as i am thinking of converting too.

sachin

Reply to
Sachin Chanchani

detrails

Look it up on Cathy Stewart's Steelynx at

click on Pickling and Descaling. Beware that there are pop up ads present on this site though.

Pittsburgh Pete

DISCLAIMER

We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.

Reply to
metalengr