Pulp and Paper Chimney application

I'm designing a new chimney for a Pulp and Paper Plant and I need an advice about which would be the best steel to be used in this situation.

The gas temperature is around 180 ºC [a little bit below the dewpoint] and it has high concetration of SO3 so high corrosion is foreseen.

I need a better alternative to CORTEN-B material but without increasing too much the final cost.

I'm using AISI 316Ti in top 6 m because the temperature is lower there and higher corrosion might be foreseen.

I would like to have a kind of list from acid chemical attack point of view [considering also the price range].

Best regards,

George

Reply to
George Standley

You could try 3Cr12 material. Try seeking advice from a manufacturer for details of its uses.

Reply to
David Deuchar