Re: detection gold on human body

I read the previous post. I hate reading, you stop bottom posting! peace.
Joe

ROTF

LMAO
The fact that gold is not listed as a trace element means the page is in error, as it is in fact a trace element. In experiments which artificially deprived subjects of gold and silver traces from their diet, it was found that although no serious health effects ensued, the subjects generally reported a feeling of uneasiness.
--
Ignorance is the curse of God, Knowledge the wing wherewith we fly to
heaven. --Shak

Joe 123 wrote:

Dale Trynor wrote: Logic here would be that the food grown would be for example from a very pure hydroponics mix where such controles as the exclusion of all gold, silver would be possible. http://dalet.9cy.com /
P.S. the site also failed to list Uranium as a trace element, and we do in fact contain trace amounts of it. In fact extremely small amounts of it may be useful in maintaining normal kidney function (dont swallow an A-Bomb, we get more than enough from natural foods).
--
Ignorance is the curse of God, Knowledge the wing wherewith we fly to
heaven. --Shak
Indeed you are what you eat and although gold may not be a requirement for human health it is nonetheless present in certain plants. Mustard in particular has the ability to take up gold from the soil by virtue of the organic thiocyanates it naturally contains. There are patents on the use of this ability for commercial gold recovery. Thus if you ingest mustard or some other related plants, some gold may enter into your body. How long will it stay there? Consider lead. Another metal of no particular use in the human body and yet it DOES accumulate. Gold is just another heavy metal like lead. Certainly it behaves different chemically but it is still a poisonous metal and CAN accumulate in the body. Granted gold poisoning is very very rare but it has happened although not by excessive consumption of mustard. That would probably result in death by asphixiation in your own flatulence. Nevertheless, gold can enter the human body and be accumulated regardless as to whether it has any biological use therein.
Roland Paterson-Jones wrote:

Uncle Al ( snipped-for-privacy@hate.spam.net) wrote: : Starblade Darksquall wrote: : > : > snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.il (angel) wrote in message
So what are we talking about here? Gold in quantity as in a theft from a gold mine? In Africa they do this by pointing a really really big gun at the persons head and another guy with a rubber glove takes care of the other end.
jacques jedwab wrote:

yes
Repeating Decimal wrote:

Won't work without an oxidizing agent. Use Rauchfuss' reagent.
--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal /

Another way is to dunk them briefly into nitric acid. Most of them will dissolve, but the gold nuggets won't.
You can also use hydrochloric acid, but make sure you don't use a combination, otherwise the gold will dissolve too.
I worked in a mine in South Africa some time back, and whenever there was a 'leak', one of the diggers would be dunked in a tank. It certainly acted as a prevention. They never got me though. I payed my dues and got away twice.
Roland
--
Roland and Lisa Paterson-Jones
Forest Lodge, Stirrup Lane, Hout Bay

Agreed, hence the ability to use trace elements in teeth to determine where someone grew up. But how did we get from gold on a body to gold in it?
Roland Paterson-Jones ( snipped-for-privacy@rolandpj.com) wrote:
:
In sci.physics, Repeating Decimal
wrote on Mon, 01 Sep 2003 18:14:56 GMT

Would this be before or after they're dead?

#191, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
It's still legal to go .sigless.
in article snipped-for-privacy@lexi2.athghost038suus.net, The Ghost In The Machine at snipped-for-privacy@sirius.athghost038suus.net wrote on 9/2/03 1:00 AM:

That is irrelevant to the state problem.
Bill

If you do that *before* you'll waste precioussssss acid unless they decide to dissolve peacefully...
In sci.physics, Repeating Decimal
wrote on Tue, 02 Sep 2003 18:50:34 GMT

This is true. It's just that if they're standing in the tub and having potassium cyanid sprayed on them, one has to assume that they'll (a) die, (b) fall down, and (c) mess up the measurement.
:-)

#191, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
It's still legal to go .sigless.
angel ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.il) wrote:

precious metals plants often have a dual locker system for security ... one strips off work clothes (which are then laundered in house to recover the PM's) walks out of the secure locker room through a sensitive metal detector ( with a cloth robe on for modesty - or to stop showing off in my case :-) ) ... then to the "insecure" locker room where they get dressed in the clothes they bought ... We had no female hourly ... but in the executive side we did have a random strip search to go with the empty the pockets and pass through the detector ... and the executive (salaried) female employees had a female security guard to perform such ... I would jokingly go to her side when I got that red light ...
Be seeing you In the Village Number 6