Re-passivating Stainless Steel in Marine Environment

Hello All,
I am having a problem with surface rusting of some stainless parts on
our boat. I have been researching passivation of stainless steels,
and it is my understanding that this can only be done in a nitric or
citric acid bath. There is a product called Wichinox that claims to
"re-passivate" stainless steel. It is a paste/polish that you apply
by hand, and contains phosphoric acid. Does this sound possible to
any of you, or is the company stretching the truth a bit for marketing
purposes? If I recall, plain (and inexpensive) naval jelly contains
phosphoric acid, could I use this with similar results?
Thanks,
Kevin
Reply to
kevinabennett