Stainless Steel

Hi, I originally posted this on the DIY site and it was suggested I should try here.

I had to heat up some stainless steel rod with an acetylene torch to put a couple of tight bends in it. How can I remove the heat discolouration?

Reply to
Ricardo

Mechanically. Buff the discolouration off with a flap wheel or whatever is handy. Alternately you can remove a lot of the discolouration with pickle paste.

Reply to
Mike Graham

discolouration?

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

For ones, might lemon juice work?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Maybe it doesn't work on SS that's been vibrated to all hell at 2,000°F for a few minutes? ;-)

Tim

-- In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!" Website @

Tim Williams