Wire bending

Hi,

Does anyone know of an online table of minimum bend radiuses for eg silver steel rod ? I need to put some tightish bends in some 2mm ss and just wondered how tight I should go ?

Thanks,

Reply to
Boo

Heating the wire to bright red with a propane torch will let you bend it very tightly indeed - almost 90deg if you don't mind the distortion. It works well with thicker silver steel to make crank-ended boring bars.

HTH Guy

Reply to
Guy Griffin

Useful info, thanks for that. I finally decided that 4 bends in a bit of 2mm rod don't really need anything more complicated than a vice + molies - and so it proved :-)

Cheers,

Reply to
Boo