Separating a Canadian $2 Coin with Liquid Nitrogen?

I have heard the Urban Legend that if you chill a Canadian 2-dollar coin in Liquid Nitrogen, the central brass-coloured part can be pushed out of the surrounding silver-coloured
part. If this is true, I would like to use it to demonstrate Thermal Expansion to my physics class. I have the twoonie, I can get the liquid nitrogen, but I have no idea if the legend is true.
1) Has anyone actually done this?
2) Did it work?
3) Once chilled, what did it take to get the center to actually pop out (hammer, screwdriver, dropping the coin on a hard floor, etc.)?
--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."
Paul Ciszek wrote:

-