metal nomination

I wonder i anyone can help me, or direct me to somewhere I can find information.

I recently saw the specification '7075-T6 Aluminium' used in another newgroup messsage.

How are metals specified in this way and do the steels take a similar coding?

Willliam

Reply to
Billy H

This is an aluminum association standard.

Michael Dahms

Reply to
Michael Dahms

Look for many metal specification sources here:

Reply to
Jim Y