Michael's Space Exploration Event

I just received a call from a local Cub Scout leader, and to say I'm a bit disappointed in Michael's would be an understatement.
The boys were given rockets and help in building them, then sent on their way. No information on where and how to launch, nothing on what they needed, zero, zip, nada.
Fortunately, another leader knew I was into rocketry and provided my number, so the gentleman called me. While I can't be there to help on their planned launch day, I am having him come over so I can walk him through how to prep a rocket, put it on the pad, launch procedures, etc.
I have to wonder how many other boys are in a similar situation. If you have a Michael's in your area, it might be worth contacting them to see if they have leaders names and numbers you can contact to see if they could use some assistance.
-Kevin

They are a retailer not a value-added launch host.
I have a radical suggestion.
Modify the laws (NFPA regs) to conform with typical consumer-retailer practice and allow lone rangers.

I might have been saying that consistently here for a decade or more . . . . . . .

Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, Put the model glue away.

jerry, I don't recall you ever saying "i have to wonder how many other boys are in a similar situation."
Do you have any other improbable and vague claims to make?

lone rangers? wheres trigger and tonto?
define lone ranger.
shockie B)
shockwaveriderz wrote:

Silver...not Trigger...lol. Trigger was the mount of one Roy Rogers.

--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)

Ok, so what was the name of Dudley Do-right's horse? And don't all you old timers give it away.
"To enslave men, successfully and safely, it is necessary to have their minds occupied with thoughts and aspirations short of the liberty of which they are deprived. A certain degree of attainable good must be kept before them." Frederick Douglas, "My Bondage and My Freedom," 1855
On Fri, 06 May 2005 04:37:02 GMT, Greg Heilers

And, at the Roy Rogers museum in Apple Valley, you could see Trigger stuffed and mounted!
- Rick "Is the museum still there?" Dickinson
--
"I've always been taught that if you code an arbitrary limit, try to
make it a power of two, or at least avoid powers of ten, so people

Car dealer now IIRC.

NOT dependent on either NAR or TRA to launch ANY rocket.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What NFPA code/s prohibit "lone rangers"?
Be specific.

Consumer certification MANDATED for HPR motor access.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, you seem confused. your above statement, "NOT dependent on either NAR or TRA to launch ANY rocket", was in response to Kevin's post about Michael's and model rockets. Now you have changed your "story" and are talking about "HPR motor access. The discussion was about launching "ANY rocket", as you previously posted.
Care to try again?
But first, you should put away the model glue.

There is nothing in NFPA that prohibits lone ranger rocketry. Nor is there anything in the NAR safety code. Only the TRA policy is so bold as to restrict lone rangers.
"To enslave men, successfully and safely, it is necessary to have their minds occupied with thoughts and aspirations short of the liberty of which they are deprived. A certain degree of attainable good must be kept before them." Frederick Douglas, "My Bondage and My Freedom," 1855
Not to pick nits, but Trigger was Roy Rodgers horse. The Lone Ranger rode Silver. As in " Hi Ho Silver! Away!" Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II
shockwaveriderz wrote:

On Fri, 06 May 2005 14:57:09 -0500, Christopher Brian Deem
Just to pick at another nit, there is no "d" in Roy Rogers' name.
- Rick "Stine! Arcas! Brant! Shecter! Rogers!" Dickinson!
--
"It is only totalitarian governments that suppress facts. In this
country we simply take a democratic decision not to publish them."

No, Dale Evans rode Tonto. Ray Kroc rode Angel.
Doug

On Fri, 6 May 2005 20:47:56 +0000 (UTC), "Doug Sams"

Who rode Nell?
Phil Stein wrote:

Ranger
Wasn't that the jeep?
And Who's on first?
On 6 May 2005 13:56:41 -0700, "The Rocket Scientist"

The Jeep was Nelly Belle and it was driven by Pat Brady. Trigger was Roy Rogers' horse, Buttermilk was Dale Evans' horse and Bullet was the dog.
Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet
http://roci.indyrockets.org "X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Dudley Do Right .. and that's the answer to Bob's earlier question. ; )
Randy http://vernarockets.com /