Michael's Space Exploration Event

Dudley Do Right .. and that's the answer to Bob's earlier question. ; )

Randy

<randyolb

It sounds like that aspect is pretty nonexistent, from talking to these people. They were handed a minimal amount of materials, and that's it.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Dudley Do-Right may have ridden Nell, but that's not his horse, it's Inspector Fenwick's daughter. The horse has a much simpler name. :-)

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

The Jeep was Nelly Belle and it was driven by Pat Brady. Trigger was Roy Rogers' horse, Buttermilk was Dale Evans' horse and Bullet was the dog.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Nope. Nell was his girl friend, not his horse.

Bob Kaplow

snip

Shhhhh!

Randy

<randyolb

Yeah, but he still rode her. I assume.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I know! I know! Ursula or was it: Fella or was it: Ape or was it: Rocket J. Squirrel or was it: Bullwinkle Moose

It's gotta be one of those

Steve Vernon

ps or there's a hint in there :)

Reply to
Steve Vernon

Continuing with the nit harvesting....

The actual line, I have read, was "Hi YO Silver! Away!". Cultural society seems to have "mis-heard" the line...similar to Neil Armstrong's...

Hey! I kinda got it back to rockets!

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Did you ever get a good look at Nell? ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Guess you have to be approaching 50 to get this one. Ok, enough already, the horse didn't have a name. Dudley just called him, horse.

For a real stumper, what were the names of the comic strip cowboy and his horse, on Captain Kangaroo?

And yes, you'll have to be about 50 to get this one too. He even launched a rocket once! It was fireworks but a rocket none the less.

Randy

<randyolb

Up there in the Canadian wilderness, You take what You can get! :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Straying further off-topic....

I can not answer your particular question, but seeing as that you appear to be well versed in "the Captain's lore", perhaps you can answer this. I had posted it on various history groups in the past, with no success.

During the 60's, and perhaps even in to the 70's, Captain Kangaroo presented a unique episode, each July 4th. It was basically a history class, on the American Revolution, and a primer on the U.S. government. It featured a

*lot* of great animated stuff, and graphics. For a show geared towards the younger kids, it went into a lot of detail regarding the war; as well as a lot of detail into the intricacies of our U.S. government (i.e. the proportional representation of the House, the equal representation of the Senate, the three branches, checks and balances, how a bill becomes a law, etc...). Like I said; a *lot* of detail for a kid's show. In fact, I think I learned more about civics from "the Captain"; than from elementary, and middle school.

Now, these visual aids used by the Captain, were obviously something that had been produced previously, for the school systems. But, I have never been able to find out what the title(s) was/were; when it was made, by whom, etc.

Do you know?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Greg, I do remember what you're talking about. Part of that special, he talked to a little animated man on a tv screen about all the things you listed.

If I can just remember the little man's name I'll remember the title. Give me a little while and I'll see if I can come up with it. My sister is a little older and she might be able to help me remember. I'll be seeing her tomorrow at my mom's for Mother's Day and if I don't remember before then, she should be able to help.

Randy

<randyolb

I remember a little animated guy, who appeared on a drop-down "monitor" that was behind the Captain's counter/bar area. He was a very plain black on light-gray drawing (think Etch-A-Sketch-like); and was very big-headed, with small limbs, like a Mr. Potatohead. His name was something very simple, like "Fred", I believe...

Reply to
Greg Heilers

look a little more than halfway down the page.

Reply to
Roy Green

Cool! His name *was* "Fred". I am surprised I remembered it. And the brief description of the "Fred-ification" process is quite inteseting.

Thanks!

Reply to
Greg Heilers