May 5, 1961

Today is the anniversary of Alan Shepard's sub-orbital flight, with the US taking their first tentative steps on a voyage of adventure and
discovery that led us to the moon. The ORIGINAL "one small step"!
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627
nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson <see .sig>) writes:

Light this candle.
Don't forget the honorary 8th original astronaut.
"To enslave men, successfully and safely, it is necessary to have their minds occupied with thoughts and aspirations short of the liberty of which they are deprived. A certain degree of attainable good must be kept before them." Frederick Douglas, "My Bondage and My Freedom," 1855