Just here for a moment to calm down....

just gave up on a chat with a Comcast cable representative. Absolutely hopeless. She was reading off a prepared script with the
most amazing broken english ever written. I just gave up.
Ok. I feel better now.
Me go buy a model.
Craig
Add pictures here
✖

They could dump the humans and just use a computer to respond to certain words. Almost all of the phone help i've gotten in the last few years are clearly reading from some sort of script or giving preprogrammed responses. i almost feel bad for them. almost.
Add pictures here
✖
: : They could dump the humans and just use a computer to respond to certain : words. :     Pizza Hut, at least locally, trid that a few years ago. I don't know how many orders PH lost, and I don't care.
    I find pushing the "0" pad generally takes care of the problem of inorganic voice recognization systems.
    Pity I can't handle organic voice recognization systems the same way...
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
✖
On Dec 6, 11:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com (Bruce Burden) wrote:

After getting food poisoning *twice* at the local pizza hut (three years apart the second time was my first return since the first attack), I gave up pn Pissa Hut and switched over to Papa John's.....
Add pictures here
✖

i alwys hav dough proofing for 2 large pies and an emergency bake. works out well.
Add pictures here
✖

This reminds me of a PC programming class I took some years ago. It was a joke, they spent most of the time explaining how most of their graduates went to work at the help desk for that same company, and how all we'd have to do is read a script. Now of course, those jobs have gone to India. If we can't even hire our own kids to read a script, we might as well furl the flags and give it up.
Add pictures here
✖
On 12/6/2010 8:47 PM, Musicman59 wrote:> <pre wrap>

I tried calling the Video Professor's number once for a free lesson disc and got an obviously East Asian female. After about twenty minutes of spelling everything phonetically for her she wouldn't give me the disc I was asking for. I hung up then and swore off having anything to do with the program.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Add pictures here
✖
I have a friend in Ukraine who I send money to about once a month via Western Union. I used to do it online for my convenience. A couple of years ago, to increase security, they started asking me questions regarding past purchases on my Visa card. Apparently, I was supposed to remember the color of a car I rented 5 years earlier or the tag number on a car I owned at some point. The first time it happened, I called them to send it via phone & complain about their crappy security measure. I got hold of some foreigner who I was trying to spell nearly everything to & I couldn't understand him either. I finally asked for someone who could speak better English, got put on forgotten hold & finally hung up. Short of a very nasty email sent to their so-called customer service, I've had no phone or email contact with them. I now just go get cash from my bank & drive to the local WU. Most times if I ever call a help line & someone who I can barely understand answers, I just hang up & try later. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Add pictures here
✖

It really sucks when recruiters call and they barely speak English. I work in a technical field. But some of these fellas are obviously Indian and the accent is so thick you need a foghorn. I'm torn between just giving up and trying to hang in there since it is about work. I don't want to be rude, but who is the moron that hires these marble mouth mutts?
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 17:47:47 -0800 (PST), Musicman59

I know a guy who works for a call centre up here in the True North. They're utilized by American abd Canadian companies who want their customers to actually understand the perso they're talking to. (oddly enough part of their job is usually to up-sell.....) The rate of illness, mental stress and breakdown is amazing. They have an on-call psyche support number....
"Why you cut my cable off?     The bill hasn't been paid. WHY YOU CUT MY F****** CABLE OFF!!!!!     The bill needs to be paid and they'll hook it back up..... I WANT IT F******* HOOKED UP NOW!!!!!!" etc etc
I'm not appologizing for the call centres, I just thought it might make you feel better if you knew they get crapped on with a vengence, too... And,yes, their responses are scripted and their ass gets fired if they vary from it. All calls are recorded and monitored live at random intervals. Great job. eeeeewww :-p
Add pictures here
✖
Reminds me of my daughter's job working for the local papers. It's amazing how many folks resort to profanity because their paper was a half hour late. She'd counter by being the sweetest little girl she could be so they'd behave themselves. She was glad to leave and be a waitress for awhile.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Add pictures here
✖

and waiting is real scat work.