Titanium question

I read an article about a year ago (do not remember where; possibly WSJ) describing a new process for extracting titanium from its ore.
The new process was much more efficient, potentially making titanium a lot less expensive than it is now. Can anyone give details about this process and make a guess about what sort of effect it may have on prices and availablity of titanium. Thanks for any information.
--
Bart Killam Work: 612-349-9023x283
SAS Institute Inc. Fax: (919) 677-4444 (Fax)

bainite to write in

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID 09E8E9-8896-1F60- 905980A84189EEDF
--
This sig free text brought to you by the letters s, i & g