What does SECC steel mean?

Greetings,
I was hoping someone would be kind enough to explain to me what SECC steel
means with regard to the material use to make PC cases/chassis.
i.e I see them mentioned as being made from 1.0mm SECC Japan Steel. What
does the SECC stand for and what does it actually mean with reagrd to the
steel?
I would guess it refers to some type of coating with reagrd to rust
prevention but, it would only be a guess.
Thanks.
Toyo
Reply to
Toyo Spares
It looks like SECC stands for: S - steel Sheet/coil E - Electrolytic coated (galvanized) (not sure whether it has to be zinc or not, zinc is "default" ;) ) C - Cold rolled C - Commercial grade/quality
Reply to
melon

Site Timeline