1-14 thread

Hand-threading pipe. I hope it was CPVC.

Condolences on your dancin' parts. Have you seen the new diabetes cure going around the Web? Worth a look, if only for the distraction, wot?

As usual, rev up your anti-virus and fortify your firewall before going to see these things.

OMG, Mikey. What version of Win do you run? The BSOD was from the

-last- century's software.

I swear, most of the anti-virus people think that we ordered an ADD-A-VIRUS software. After The God of DOS moved to Windows and sold his soul to SlymeAntics, it became one of the worst in the biz. I ran away quickly, over 2 decades ago.

Windows Security Essentials (free from MS) seems to keep me free from virii. I was double- checking with IOBit's Advance Care System until it, too, became a virus, doing things in the background when I specifically told it not to, etc. I'm looking for a replacement which works somewhat like ACS, but without the bad acting.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It was a 3" piece of plastic, with no markings.

That computer has XP, and MS-SE is no longer supported. The program is 32 bit, and Win 7 is supposed to run 32 bit programs, but it refuses to install on any win 7 system that I've tried it on.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hmm, only 45M downloads. Is it safe?

Thanks!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

CPVC is gray. PVC is white. ABS is black.

I'm running it on Win7Pro 32bit. I miss XP.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

nEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH acs, BUT YOU do HAVE TIO BE VIGILANT WHEN INSTALLING IT TO PREVENT INSTALLATION OF ANOTHER HALF DOZEN OR MORE PROGRAMS (DEPENDING WHERE YOU DOWNLOAD FROM)

Reply to
clare

Larry Jaques fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

CPVC plumbing pipe is ivory, not gray. PVC plumbing pipe is white, and PVC electrical conduit is gray.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Generally right - but all 3 cam be any colour.

Reply to
clare

OK, got it and installed it this morning. Well, damn. Now my Nikon won't upload pics to the computer.

Yeah, Download.com gives you McAfee and some damned toolbars. I HATE toolbars taking up my screen real estate.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I stand corrected. I guess I've never used it after all. A guy at Grovers called the gray irrigation stuff CPVC and I never questioned it.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

And then I checked the other end of the damned USB cable...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:26:43 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Throckmorton's Conjecture: that a cable which has one end, will have another end.

pyotr filipivich

Or even more? ;-)

I have some RSS-232 cables with four ends. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

However problems with them have no end.

--jsw's conjecture

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

That Murphy guy is a true genius. He waits until I install software and make a few changes to the computer hard drive before he yanks the end of the USB cable out of the jack in the front panel of the comp. Utterly brilliant misdirection skills, this guy.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

See Murphy reference post today.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I know, as you're already read.

It looks to be a good combination of programs which I think I'll enjoy. Thanks for the referral.

It was only the first time which I didn't, and ended up with those damned things all over my poor box. Requests to CNET to default those checkboxes to _unchecked_ fell on deaf ears and earned no replies.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Correction: "yanked it out 1/16 of an inch." Just enough to look good but not make connections.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 18 Jul 2016

04:59:40 -0400 typed >> Gunner Asch on Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:26:43 -0700

Yes. The conjecture is that a cable with one end, will have at least one other end.

pyotr filipivich