1/4" carbide die grinding bits?

are there a different carbides used in grinding bits and other cutting tools?? I have been using them it a 1.4" air die grinder for cleaning up welds, some don't last as long as others. The one I'm using at the moment just doesn't seem to ware out, I got it from a friend that had it just laying around and doesn't remember where he got it, there are no markings of any kind on it. Any info appreciated.

Reply to
Sam

tools?? I have been using them it a 1.4" air die grinder for cleaning up welds, some don't last as long as others.

friend that had it just laying around and doesn't remember where he got it, there are no markings of any kind on it.

check at

limeylew

Yes

As you found out, a high quality bit can last a long time. Buy quality, you'll save in the long run.

starbolin

Reply to
starbolins

perhaps the single cut last longer than double cut burs. I tend to chip teeth rather than wear them out.

Reply to
Tony