12" disc sander

Hi all,
Would a 12" disc sander be good for deburring and rounding
off sharp edges? Currently I spend a lot of time with a file.
I work mostly in aluminum. Would the sanding discs just
build up and be useless? If ok, recommend grit size?
For some projects all I need to do is just bandsaw the part.
But I'd still like to cleanup the cuts (even if it isn't important).
Thanks,
Wayne D.
Reply to
Wayne
Wayne, I make great use of belt sanders (1" and 6") for that kind of work. Anything that does not require very flat sufaces. I have all parts for a 12" disc machine, but have not built the frame yet to set it up. Try to get the surface speed to at least 2500-3000 FPM. So many toys, too little time. RichD, Atlanta
Wayne wrote:
Reply to
RichD
Nope , needs to be flexable . Makita 9501B , 4" sanding pad is one level of flex i use , takes the edge off plywood and metal equally well ..
BTW HF 10" and 12" table disc sanders are not a big gamble ... price the competition ! ____________
Wayne wrote:
Reply to
werty