12" disc sander

Hi all,

Would a 12" disc sander be good for deburring and rounding off sharp edges? Currently I spend a lot of time with a file. I work mostly in aluminum. Would the sanding discs just build up and be useless? If ok, recommend grit size?

For some projects all I need to do is just bandsaw the part. But I'd still like to cleanup the cuts (even if it isn't important).

Thanks, Wayne D.

Reply to
Wayne

RichD

Nope , needs to be flexable . Makita 9501B , 4" sanding pad is one level of flex i use , takes the edge off plywood and metal equally well ..

BTW HF 10" and 12" table disc sanders are not a big gamble ... price the competition ! ____________

Wayne wrote:

Reply to
werty