3/8-24 drill spindle

Does anyone know if HF or other inexpensive 3/8" VSR drills have 3/8-24 spindle/chuck threads? I don't want to buy one, scar it while beating the chuck off and then
find that it's metric.
The single-speed drill I bought ages ago for my Portalign finally died while drilling a 3/8" hole in steel (overworked much?) and I'd like to replace it with the 3/8" VSR drill it should have had originally, if Sears had one in stock at the time. I think the 1/2" drill I'm using now, chucked onto a stub of 3/8-24 grade 5 bolt, might break the irreplaceable Portalign instead of stalling when the bit grabs. http://www.cab1net.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f#&tc4
The original Portalign used 1/2" rods that can be swapped with hardware store rod to extend the drilling depth capacity. I found a newer model with 14mm rods I can't change as easily.
-jsw
On 8/1/2017 8:20 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Dang. Irreplaceable? I tried to sell 2 of the round base ones that were given to me in my yard sale last year. $5 each. No takers. Craigslist, same price, no takers. Gave them to Goodwill.

I just used mine about 6 months ago, since I hadn't yet gotten the floor drill press running. Now I remember why I didn't just throw the old B&D 3/8" VSR away: I had put a HF 1/2" chuck on it. It will fit very nicely on the Portalign, round base.
The two I saw at garbadj sales around here went fast @ $10, so it must be your area.
P.S: Hey, Gunner, it only took me 5 years to get that drill press done. <shakes head>
--
In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless,
but planning is indispensable. --Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower