304 Rod Machining

JB couldn't cut the mustard here. He'd be lost without his modern high tech CNC machine shop. Nearest CNC I know of is a lathe over in Wagga Wagga, an hour away. And it's an older one.

To revive an old SIG:

Jon (the sane one)

Reply to
Jon Anderson

No HBO here, unsure who carries Bill Mahr. I mostly watch motorsports and stuff like Air Crash Investigation. Have to check the listings, might already have aired. You're a day ahead of us.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

You may not have it. He's pretty vulgar. He's also brilliant and funny, and does some great political takedowns on both sides of the aisle. He's sort of libertarian, anti-religion, and he gives Muslims fits. He's not to everybody's taste, but he is to mine.

For HBO subscribers here, there are many ways to see his show, and it's archived so you can see it at any time online. But you have to be a subscriber via cable or satellite.

I see that somebody posted that fake Bernie commercial to YouTube. This is for all the Jons in the room.

Here's his take on the Bundy takeover of the BLM offices:

Enjoy.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It sounds like you're enjoying it overall, and it must be interesting. Regarding food safety: Every big e. coli or listeria contamination now gets nationwide attention here, so it appears that resistance to food-safety issues has dwindled in recent years. I remember when the loony-tune fringe of the libertarians (actually, neo-anarchists, some of which are still on misc.survivalist.nutjobs) were bitching about regulations in food and pharmaceuticals, saying that it was expensive and that anyone who was UNsafe would quickly go out of business, so there was nothing to regulate.

They're pretty quiet now.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

When supplying the food industry with wire brushes the Stainless Steel spec. was for 302, I can't tell you why except that 302 is the most common alloy wire available and it handles much better than any other alloy. I hated working with 304 the most.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

The spec on 302 is almost identical to that for 304, except that 302 has twice as much carbon. Both 302 and 304 have half the sulfur of

303, which is why 303 machines so easily.

I'm rusty on this (forgive the pun), but my recollection is that it's the sulfur that enables pitting in 303.

I see lots of info on using different grades of stainless in food processing on the Web. They might help Jon.

Reply to
Ed Huntress