45 Colt brass redux

And there is no...no bag limit.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"Gunner Asch" wrote

And I hope there are no limits on methods of hunting.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

God bless, I hope you are right...

Reply to
CaveLamb

I CAN FIX ANYTHING! (where's the duct tape?)

Reply to
CaveLamb

You guys are sick/ Sick!

But I like that...

Reply to
CaveLamb

One of my most cherished possessions is an old brass lamp (really! Solid brass gas pipe fittings) \that I pulled out of a neighbors trash (55 years ago).

Five years old...

I picked it up from a neighbor's trash pile and brought it home. I promised my mom I would clean it up. (it had been painted with gold paint!) And I did. I cleaned the paint off. Polished the brass to a sparkling shine.. And she took me to the hardware store for a new cord (still on it, btw)

So this new broken (resin) lamp has resonance with me...

Reply to
CaveLamb

At least in the 20th century, of all numerous great culls, about half was won by rightwingers, and half, by leftwingers, give or take.

Hardly any of those great culls resulted in the kind of society where I would personally like to be.

In all of them, the older guys, lost big time.

I like reading about some of them, and sometimes feel that I miss the action, but then I reailze that I do not miss it as much.

Ignoramus2244

Not the bottom of your boat. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Looking at new to me 45 acp. last 1911 I owned was stolen. Car wash, and did not realize case was gone until later. Only place it could have been ripped off. But since I have a few hundred rounds of ACP and reloader for

45 acp, figure to get another. Glock, 1911? what is a nice weapon, accurate and fun to shoot. No 2" barrel stuff.
Reply to
Califbill

Why not?

(on the other hand, my bilges are bone dry!)

Reply to
CaveLamb

I hear ya, Iggy. I hear that.

Reply to
CaveLamb

Depends on how much money you are able to spend.

Me...Ive got a number of 1911s...mostly Series 70s, but a handful of others.

And of the 30 or so handguns I own..not a Glock in the lot.

Im not a big fan of Glocks for a number of reasons, the least is no safety..all the way up to "no handloaded cast bullets" in Glocks

A good 1911 shouldnt have to cost you $1000 like a Kimber will.

There are lots of good 1911s out there in the world...some Great ones..some Fair ones..some pieces of shit.

You dont Need adjustable sights, but they are nice. You dont Need a slicked trigger..you can do it yourself You dont Need Ported, Polished yada yada..you can do it yourself

The 40 is a decent cartridge too.

But...shrug..Im a .45 guy

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

There wont be.

Or any limits on how you hang or butcher....

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Not true...Leftwing ones total about 200 Million dead.

Which "rightwing" ones came even to a fraction of that?

The older guys ...became the rulers.

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I'd say it needs to be a 1911. Everyone should have at least one. Hard to beat the Springfield Mil-Spec or Loaded models. Taurus & RIA have more features for the money, but I just can't warm up to those. I'd also consider the new Remington 1911

Reply to
RBnDFW

The fixed sight Kimber I just bought was $720. Plain black finish, no night sights

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I think night sights are overated. If you can see the bad guy you should be able to see well enough to point the gun at him at threat distances. Lasers seem like a fine way of illuminating yourself while I'm on the subject.

If your gun shoots where you aim it fixed sights are fine. I *would* like an option to exchange an oem sight though that doesn't work out. A 0.041" taller rear sight on my S&W M&P .40 compact would make me very happy.

The fixed rear sight is less likely to snag on things or get out of adjustment. Perfect on a carry gun once you figure out your carry ammo.

Which Kimber model is it?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

It's the Custom II, my first 1911. I've only got about 300 rounds through it, so it's not broken in yet. Shoots plenty well enough when I do my part.

There's a gal over in Liberty Hill a few miles away that teaches a CHL class. I'll probably head over there once I have it broken in.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Keillor

You can temporarily fix the bottom on some boats. I have an aluminum river jet boat. 3/16" thick bottom. No me, but others have used duct tape to tape a piece of aluminum or plastic over holes in the bottom of the boat, to limp back home after putting aluminum stripes on the wrong design rock.

Reply to
Califbill

I have a few hundred rounds of 45 now, and an extra colt barrel. So just to replace that would cost a lot.

Reply to
Califbill