9V lamp

Have you considered using a white or yellow LED + resistor? Far more reliable. After the n'th bulb failure in the backlit display of an FM tuner, I replaced the light bulbs with LEDs in series and a resistor. End of problem.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

It's a soundcraft 8000 that actually uses the audio +buss voltage (17 v) to power two 9 v lamps in series for each VU. There is aso a 100 ohm current control resistor in series to control turn on surge. So as you see 9v bulbs are perfect.

cheers T.Alan

Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:26:01 GMT, the inscrutable "T.Alan Kraus" spake:

Perhaps there's something here:

"about 342 hits" for 9v grain of wheat lamp. (0.07 seconds)

Larry Jaques

I suggest to use two 18 volt lamps in parallel, then you don't need the control resistor. The 2102D is a

40 ma 18 volt wire terminal indicator lamp rated at 10000 hours, approx 7/32 " diameter with 5/8" leads.
Reply to
jbos