A Challenge is Issued

What was cut from this piece of material?

Points will be given for getting.

(5 points) General class of item.

(5 points) Specific class of item.

(5 points) Specific item.

(1000 points) Exact and use application.

CLOSE DOES NOT COUNT.

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

The work piece is made up (in my shop) and the points don't matter. Highest score will be officially named by me as the worlds smartest shade tree machinist. They will hold the title for 5 seconds after they have achieved their score and anybody can contest it in writing during the period for which the title is held.

Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe

ahhh, right and left sides of a fishing reel.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Looks like the back plate for a set of automotive gauges. Replacement for the back of the instruament cluster in a vehicle of some sort?

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Oooh!! thats good too!!

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Throat-area limiters for NASCAR-type carburetor bodies.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Instrument cluster back face. JR Dweller in the cellar

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

Two bearing mounts.

Not sure why the projecting lobe to the left of each.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

On 29 Jul 2010 05:19:16 GMT, "DoN. Nichols" wrote the following:

Those cutouts are a pair of Pac Man trophies, silly.

-- It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed. -- Kin Hubbard

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Something to do with boats? Oar locks? (Although most seem to be symmetrical.)

Reply to
Denis G.

The drag and cope of a mold for a soft-plastic fishing lure?

James Waldby

What does that mean?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Damned if wikipedia ain't got that covered...

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

You flunk the quiz.

Bridgekeeper: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? King Arthur: What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Bridgekeeper: Huh? I... I don't know that. Auuuuuuuugh.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I guess so. Never knew the terms for all that sand casting and lost wax stuff.

Reply to
Bob La Londe