A holiday visit project

A bit of metal content:

Don Foreman

Nice work! Not many metalworkers use nail polish.

Reply to
Denis G.

Very nice, now does she understand how much you NEED that next tool?

I don't intentionally put it on my fingers, but nail polish in black, white, red and clear is useful in the shop. The clear also stabilizes sewing repairs. I paint a white patch on bar stock for the label.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

And nail polish is a very good thread locker that will hold a bolt or screw in an assembly such as a firearm, but is easy to remove.

Scope mounts on rifles for a single noteworthy example.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Good ideas! Now I need to find where my wife hides that stuff ....

Reply to
Denis G.

I use both the original brush on, and the pen type of "white out" for that purpose. Stuff with brush same as you do, and the pens for writing directly. Good stuff.

Works as well for building up something a few thou, about the same as with magic marker or layout blue. If you don't put it on too thick, it dries pretty quickly, or thick allows you time to "squish fit".

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Do like I do...ask mine for the stuff she doesnt use anymore..or go down and pick up a couple bottles of the worst colors you can imagine on a woman..so she would be stealing yours.... yellow comes to mind...green..etc etc

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

My missus uses conformal coating for her nails :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Whats that?

Gunner, not into womans stuff.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

But a good number of heavy equipment operators do! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Circuit board varnish :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Ah!! So she has green nails?

Kinky!!!

I LIKE it!!!

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:30:37 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand scrawled the following:

What? No West Systems 207?

-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Green, I think that is solder mask.

Wes

Wes

Ah!

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Solder mask comes in a lot of colors, but green is the one commonly used. I've seen red, blue and black as well. Nasty looking boards. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Conformal coating is usually clear. Green nails would indeed be kinky. More green is even more kinky:

There once was a gal from Azores Whose body was covered with sores. The dogs in the street Would eat the green meat That hung in festoons from her drawers.

Reply to
Don Foreman