Silly project: binding posts

Warning: metal content.

Don Foreman

You said "The gold one would probably be prettier if I hadn't gotten such a sharp knurl ".

You're wrong, Don, since the sharpness of the knurling shares the appearance of quite a lot of jewelry.

Ya done durned good!

Reply to
RAM³

Geeze Don, vann ize as they say in CA!

Bob Swinney .

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Very nice! But if you want to sell them to audiophiles you'll need to charge $1500 for a pair and rave on about how they improve the tonal flatulence or something.

Reply to
Fred R

These binding posts were designed incorporating elements of string theory providing distortion free electron movement troughout the electromagnetic spectrum in all eleven parallel dimensions. The electrons arrive at the speakers before they leave your amplifier so there will never be any loss of audio quality due to phase shift caused by a impedence deprived standard binding posts.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Individually hand-machined from cryogenically treated billet. Transient attacks are crisp and the sound stage has that layered depth previously heard only from the most expensive binding posts. Bass is tight and extended; highs are pure, with none of the harshness you usually hear.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

They are far too beautiful for me to use my "gilding a turd" expression for them.

Plus, I spent a couple of hours last week "engineering" and making a one off custom magnetic catch to keep the folding door on our front hall coat closet from springing back open if someone was careless about how they hung up a heavy coat and left it bulging out enough to push the door back open.

The existing compression spring at the end of the door track which was supposed to work by pushing against the edge of the closed door so that it had to toggle a bit to open because the center hinge pivots are coplanar with (plus a tiny bit) the inside of the door wasn't strong enough to do its job right.

I used a 3/4" diameter rare earth magnet set in a turned steel cup on an aluminum bracket mounted near the center of the top of the door frame where it could it grab a piece of 18 gage steel screwed to the back of the door adjacent to where it "folds". That sucker held the door closed so well I had to put a couple of layers of masking tape on the steel to ease it up a bit.

Not THAT was turd gilding for sure...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

No problem. I'll just set them out on the deck for a few days, here in MN!

Reply to
Don Foreman

Oooooo I LIKE IT!!!

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

THAT'S how stuff USED to be made by the good companies..." Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

That is eerily like the magazines - do you write for them? ;^)

Reply to
Fred R

ARRRGgghhh! I have 502 days left till I can go play in the shopp all day and make pretty little doodads like that :) Nice job Don!

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn